“How do I set up/extend my SEO business in India” This is a query that hits us once every month or quarter. Extending your SEO business to India is a viable and advisable option because:
- SEO Knowledge is no more a scarcity in India (and on web): When we started in 2003, it was tough to get quality information, many was kept secret and we had a good of mentors and consultants to help us. Now the things are changed, we have a pool of free info and knowledge base available on web. There is organized data that is available on web. Very now and then we get knowledge input for all the team members.
- Many conferences in India and thus many people taking it seriously: Even tomorrow we are attending a meeting (kind of closed door among some of the web related companies) on web hosting. The knowledge is floated across the companies to improve the overall standards. Also the innovation is more frequent here.
- All type of work can be done (Many top B School students are open for web marketing career): We have been handling some of the brands and I am very happy to see that many B-School students are doing wonderful work at online brand building.
- Cost factor: Every time I hear the cost difference, I get excited. The costing is too wide, here when we can get a person for INR 10,000 per month, that is less than $250 per month, US and UK companies are ready to pay $1500 to $2500 per person, that is with a margin of profit.
- English factor: I think Indians do offer a good standard when it comes to English speaking segment. I recently met a team from China and they were explaining us about the advantage we have because of our English speaking talent pool.
- Technical advantage: We get many technical fellows here. Many of the technical stuffs are taken care of.
- Scalable: We consult for some of the local SEO companies and I see how frequently they scale up and scale down. They pull it from the vast talent pool that is available and are put on training for few weeks to go live on projects.
- SEO growth in India: Huge growth, I should write a different post on it.
How to start a business in India?
If you are company outside India and want to take the Indian advantage, please contact VSMC to setup a business in India.